It was around 2.30pm
We were the last group in the afternoon session to be presenting
We were the last group in our class to do our OP
I was the last speaker of the group
I was the last to answer the Q n A
I was the one to close the curtain on PW for our class
Through the OP,i found weird points about myself
I'm more nervous waiting for my turn to present rather than when i'm presenting
I do too many hand gestures
I smile unconsciously even when i'm presenting a serious topic
(remembers my powerpoint on suicide caused by depression)
I guess i no longer fear public speaking as much as before
Thanks to the training in JC
CCA time was a weekly time i could pratice public speaking
Though it's only to about 20 people
Making announcement during morning assembly was another example
(Remember my "No money,No song" announcement?)
Would never get the courage to do it last time
Would have push it to my president to give the announcement
Remembered making a speech in Sec 3
All because Samson didnt want to do it
I was FREAKING nervous!!!
I just want to get it over and done with
My legs were literally shaking
I dared not look at the audience,only at my script
(That means my awareness of audience is AE)
On to what happened during my OP
My group was the second group in the afternoon session
I rather go first and watch the second presentation with any worries
However,it may be to our advantage
I felt our presentation was much better than the group before us
Maybe not much better
But better...
In terms of both the powerpoint slides and the script
Personally,i felt having Mr Lim as one of the assessor was a good thing
Not that because he's our CT and would give us good grades
But because it gave me some peace of mind
At least the audiences wasnt so alien to me
So before our presentation start,the moderator came in
Told myself "Shit,why did the moderator come at this time?"
It was actually a blessing though
She's really friendly
While i was doing my presentation,she smiled at me whenever i looked in her direction
I think that helped to calm me down a lot
Having Mr Lim there helped a lot as well
I guess my QnA ok...
Might have shoot my strategy a little
But at least it wasnt those horrible answwers
PW has taught me many things
And change my perceptions as well
Dr Choe made me realize many things
Certainly a life tutor
He just want us to learn the hard way and through experience
Sacrifices is needed
But there's a limit to it
Like there's a limit to everything
CIAO CIAO
No comments:
Post a Comment